Why Become an Animal Protector with WSPA?
- Animals around the world need us to protect them from cruelty and suffering.
- Animals can't save themselves, their lives are in your hands.
- Be their hero by becoming a WSPA Animal Protector. Turn your concern for animals into something meaningful through a monthly gift to WSPA.
- You'll be the first to know of animals that need your help, and the first to know about those you have helped protect.
WSPA Animal Protector
- Set up your regular gift from £3 a month to WSPA and become an Animal Protector. Their new scheme for regular supporters is designed to bring you closer to the animals you are helping to protect .
- Get access to your own personalised website with regular posts about the animals you are helping to protect and the projects you are helping to fund.
- When you first log on to your own site, you can choose a FREE gift and show the world you are an Animal Protector with WSPA.
- Donating each month is important because it takes time, money and persistence to achieve legislation that outlaws cruelty to animals, to build and establish sanctuaries to rehabilitate rescued animals, and to change attitudes to animal welfare through education of children and communities.
WSPA wants to end the cruel captivity of bears in Romania
The vast majority of bears in Romania live undisturbed in the wild, but an unlucky few have been snatched from the wild. They are exploited as tourist attractions in ski resorts to attract customers, kept as ‘pets’ in private households or in overcrowded and inadequate zoos. Many are kept in cramped barren cages and are malnourished due to poor diets. Often bears self-mutilate or rock from side to side – a sign of their extreme mental trauma.
Bears like Baloo, who are in urgent need of rescue. He spends his days pacing back and forth in a rusty cage. He’s done this for so long that he’s worn a deep path in the hard clay. This terrible cage has been Baloo’s home for the past twelve years.
The WSPA-funded sanctuary is already home to 59 rescued bears. WSPA have launched the Big Bear Rescue Appeal. A gift from you could help WSPA save the remaining bears, and give them a new life in the sanctuary. Here they can have a safe, secure and happy life. By donating to WSPA your gift could help rescue the bears, the sanctuary running costs, and nutritious food and medical care for the bears. Together we can give the bears the life they deserve. Please donate to WSPA and help rescue bears from a lifetime of suffering.
By donating £3 a month to the World Society for the Protection of Animals, you could help contribute to bear rescues and the running costs of the sanctuary such as nutritious food, warm bedding and medical care.
Giving each month is important because it takes time, money and persistence to improve the world for animals. By giving regularly you can help WSPA fund on the ground project work, improve legislation to protect animals, and help us change attitudes through education. We need to be there for animals but we can only do this with your support.
You will receive regular updates so you can see what a monthly donation helps to achieve for animals in need.
About the WSPA
The World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) has been promoting animal welfare for over 30 years and the bulk of their charitable work is concentrated in regions of the world where few, if any, measures exist to protect animals. You can help them to continue their great work for animals with by setting up a regular gift.